Prayer for a Different Perspective “Children of Zion celebrate!...  I will pour out my Spirit on every kind of people.” Joel 2:21-24, 28- 32 MSG
If it had not been for the Lord on my side, tell me where would I be, where would I be?
He kept my enemies away. He let the sunshine through a cloudy day. Oh, he wrapped me in the cradle of his arms. When he knew I been batter and torn so...
                                                                                            Song by Helen Baylor

The garden speaks to me of beautiful possibilities and a promise of a fruitful year. God is encouraging us to change our lives. It is not too late! The trees are going to bear fruit again. God has done great things so that we do not have to fear. Everything is greening up in the garden. We will have a large crop of vegetables and fruit if we are willing to put in the work. So let’s celebrate the possibilities of great things.

Spring is a reminder that we can start afresh and plant a new garden of blessing. Sometimes we want to repeat what we did last year because we are looking for comfort and familiarity. However, the garden is telling us that we can find comfort in change.
Change requires that we look at life from a different perspective. We cannot bring everything from the past into our present. It just won’t fit. We need to dream of our future and make that our reality for this season.

I remember when the New Year began in January, the ground was barren and cold. It did not appear as if anything would grow again. However, now in May, we can see drastic changes that encourage us to go on out and create what we see in our imagination. We have to know that there will be unusual substances that will appear to hinder our progress. Still, we cannot allow them to stop the work or delay the forward movement because time waits for no one. We have to work while the opportunity is there. Each season has its own assignment. We want to move with the Spirit. We want to speak the words of faith and then get to work to allow the garden to perform its splendor.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I thank you for the excitement of a new season and new possibilities. I also thank you for the courage and strength to follow the words of the teacher, Holy Spirit. Amen

Lady Wisdom Speaks


Comments

Popular posts from this blog