A Wisdom Lifestyle: How to Live a Brilliant Life of Purpose
“We can discover the garden within - the joy of our soul.”

Let us focus on life and having a brilliant experience full of fun, excitement, and purpose. I think the number one thing that we need to do is to be proactive. That means we have to stop what we are doing and find a quiet spot, a place where we can meditate. For me, it's my garden. There is where I meditate. I find my joy and peace. Sometimes when I'm in the garden, it's not necessarily about writing down a plan. I think the meditation in the garden is just an opportunity to refresh my mind and to awaken my spirit. The experience helps me to connect with nature, beauty, and God. It's the garden…joy of my soul. This brilliant place helps to draw me into the zone, the presence of the Lord. There, I can concentrate on something. It makes my spirit happy. It gives me joy, and that's what the garden provides for me.

In the garden, it's not necessarily the place where I write down my plans. I think later on I go to my study and you know I pull out my notebooks and jot down different things. I guess I have a different location for biblical meditation. In my journal, I write down various items. I can record what I hear, see, or envision. However, the garden is about quiet meditation with the Spirit of God. It is just the place to clear the mind and to set myself up for discovery. It releases the attitude of gratitude and thanksgiving. I have a worshipping heart, and then I can listen and hear what the Lord has to say to me with joy.

I know that a lot of people don't have the time that I have right now. I think that you can still do whatever it is that you believe in helping you connect with God. You can always have that quiet meditative time early in the morning if you set it up for about 5-10 minutes. It is something that you will have to priorities and give the place of importance. Just like drinking a cup of coffee in the morning or eating breakfast or whatever you do first thing in the morning. Quiet time with Jesus must take preeminence.

It is not one-way communication. We have to look to the word of God as our instructional manual. Proverbs has been called the manual for living. So if we want to live a life that is meaningful with brilliance, then we have to spend time discovering what it has to say. I think if we look at what we do in the first hour of our day and cut out the fillers, then we can find time to do that which is most important – connecting, reading and listening to Holy Spirit.
Moving to the reading of scripture where you're really digging in more thoroughly into the word and a time where you can then jot down your thoughts will enhance your experience in the biblical meditation. Peace in your soul is necessary, and focus is the keys. It is best to get away from the distractions of the morning. Changing your location and finding inspiration will spark activation for freedom in your mind and your thinking. That is what the garden provides. It provides a change of area. You move out of your bedroom, out of your kitchen, you head to a place of worship. You know this is my spot to think, and this is my spot just to find inspiration.

Spark the activation for movement in your life by changing your location. When you're there, you want to make sure that you’re guarding or guiding your meditation. You're not just thinking about anything. I don't like the idea of just emptying your mind. No, I think that that leaves your thoughts open for the enemy of your soul to fill you with his agenda. I believe that when you are going to enter your meditative spot, it should be an idea that you want to focus in on or a thought. Like for example, this morning, I tried to plan. I knew that I wanted to do some planning, so I started thinking about what am I going to do. Today how am I going to do it? At first, when I was doing that it was just like it was making me anxious. But then when I stopped, and I read a passage, Productive Planner, from my book, "Lady Wisdom Gives a Party" my devotional journal, and I read this verse, “She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plans her day’s work for her servant girls. Proverbs 31:15”, I relaxed and thought about it in the garden. This question came to me. I believe Lady Wisdom was speaking to me, “When are you start your day? What are your plans?”

I started prayerfully with praise and thanksgiving. It opened my heart to receive the knowledge, and as I journeyed deeper into Jesus' presence gained the understanding, which then led me to how to apply this wisdom to my life with a plan. My prayer became, “God, I really want to do this. I don't know what I need to do. Could you show me the details? Allowing my thoughts to flow with the idea of God, “What do you want for me to do? What do you want for me to do today? I just found myself flowing into activity from that time spent in His presence. This is what Biblical meditation in the garden is all about. It's about allowing yourself to relax, to think, to move into a flow with God. You know with God helping to plan success is yours. The whole idea is to water your soul with Jesus’ word so then you can, “Bloom where you are planted in the garden of your life.” Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog